Saturday June 8, 2019
8:00 – 1:00
@ Wesley Chapel
Local Missions Supported by UMW Funds and Volunteers
• People Helping People of Fauquier County Inc.: Short-term emergency assistance – rent, utilities, medications.
• Fauquier Family Shelter/ Vint Hill Transitional Housing: The only emergency shelter and associated transitional housing development in Fauquier County.
• Fauquier County Food Bank: For the month of March, served a total of 475 families…1229 individuals helped.
• Fauquier Food Coalition: USDA and other food items are distributed at no charge to those who demonstrate need.
• Young Life Fauquier County: “Our staff and volunteers enter the world of kids, focusing on what matters to them and earn the privilege of talking to them …about the truth about God and His love for us.”
• Fauquier F.I.S.H.: Food Pantry and MUCH MORE.
• Warrenton Care Net Pregnancy Resource Center: Free pregnancy/new-born resources and parenting classes.
• Fauquier Habitat for Humanity Women Build
• Grace Inside: Virginia’s Prison Chaplain Service
• Orlean Volunteer Fire Department
• Society of St. Andrew Gleaning Network: Volunteer-driven Gleaning Network that coordinates with local farmers, thousands of volunteers, and food-providing agencies to pick fresh produce left in the fields, and deliver it to the tables of those in need.
• All God’s Children Camp: Partnering with Virginia United Methodist camps, children with an incarcerated mother or father, ages 7 to 12.
• Kairos Prison Ministry: Mission is to share the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ to impact the lives of incarcerated people, as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities.
“I was in prison and you visited me” — Matthew 25:36
• National and International Missions: http://www.unitedmethodistwomen.org/maps/mission-maps