Wesley Chapel Congregation celebrates 175 years of worship and serving the Lord!
As the Body of Christ, the Wesley Chapel Church Family has worshiped, served the Lord and fellowshipped together in the current sanctuary since 1844. The original single-room structure is constructed of massive eighteen-inch thick, hand-chiseled stone. The interior has heavy wooden columns and hand-hewn beams. The names of some of the slave-craftsmen who constructed the sanctuary are chiseled into the stone. During the Civil War, the Church was used as a hospital and as a place of worship for surrounding churches which had been destroyed.
In 1986 bathrooms were added to the structure. An addition with classrooms, a social hall and a kitchen were added in 1991. In 2018, a prayer-room was dedicated and a handicapped accessible bathroom was added.
“Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is Christ. From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4: 15-16
“In Christ the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.” Ephesians 2:21-22